CIAT Launches New Generation of HYDROCIAT
This new generation is designed to meet a broad range of heating and cooling requirements while ensuring easy installation and commissioning and offering excellent energy efficiency. CIAT designs, manufactures and supplies heating, ventilating and air-conditioning (HVAC) global systems solutions that optimise energy consumption and enhance indoor air quality and comfort in buildings. CIAT is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX). “The new HYDROCIAT range is designed to offer maximum energy efficiency in minimal space,” says Eric Pollet, product manager, CIAT. “The highly flexible range can address the specific needs of many businesses and services from offices, shopping centres, public administration and office buildings to hospitals, hotels and industrial applications.”
The HYDROCIAT range is available in 31 models from 270 to 1750 kilowatts (kW) and two levels of performance to cover a variety of needs:
• The HYDROCIAT LW ST standard version offers an optimised balance between capacity and operation costs.
• The HYDROCIAT LW HE high efficiency version provides premium efficiency and optimal operating management.
CIAT is committed to exemplary quality when developing sustainable and efficient systems that conform to today’s regulatory standards while anticipating the needs of tomorrow. The new generation of HYDROCIAT boasts high energy efficiency levels due to numerous innovations:
• A high efficiency twin-rotor screw compressor with continuous capacity control
• A new generation flooded shell and tubes evaporator with grooved copper pipe bundle for increased heat exchange
• An electronic expansion valve optimising the supply of refrigerant into the evaporator while ensuring optimum control of condensing and evaporating pressures
• An economiser system improving the cooling capacity and energy efficiency of the unit (available with the HYDROCIAT LW HE version)
The entire HYDROCIAT range complies with current European regulations and the Ecodesign directive for energy-related products. The HYDROCIAT LW HE version offers premium energy efficiency with an average European Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (ESEER) of 6.45.
At just one metre wide, the new generation HYDROCIAT is one of the most compact water-to-water chillers and heat pumps, adapting easily to the configuration of existing machine rooms. Its flexible hydraulic connections can be connected to pipes already in place, making HYDROCIAT the perfect plug-and-play system.
The new HYDROCIAT range is designed to operate continuously in commercial and industrial applications with a wide range of operating temperatures that enable chilled water production between -12°C and 20°C and hot water temperature production up to 63°C.
To further optimise energy while ensuring occupancy comfort, a set of interconnected services can simultaneously monitor all energy and water loop components.
To learn more about the new HYDROCIAT range, visit the CIAT website.