Frequently asked questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING
- What do I need to know about R32?
- How do I retrieve a fault code from a wireless infa-red controller?
This needs to be done by pressing and hold the check button on the back of the controller sometime located under the batteries. Once you do this you then scroll through various codes which will indicate the fault code to you.
- How can I change the system configuration settings using the wired controller?
A number of items are configurable by the wired controller. If an indoor unit without a wired controller requires configuration, it may be temporarily connected for the procedure to be undertaken. Great care must be exercised when changing configuration settings. Do not attempt to change settings beyond those detailed in the data manuals provided.
- Can I change the system temperature sensor location?
Yes the temperature sensor can be located at the remote controller or return air. Additionally an individual remote mounted sensor can be used (optional accessory).
- How do I set up the timer schedule on my RBC-AMS41-E/RBC-AMS51-ES?
This can be done through a set of simplified instructions shown in the below link. Or by downloading one of our instructional videos from the business lounge area of the website.
- Can I retrieve operational data from my controller for my system?
To view the temperature of your units and the reading of particular sensors you will need to press and hold TEST + CL for 4 seconds to take you to the system data.
- I need to set up the frost protection function on my controller?
This function can be setup from a hardwired RBC-AMS41-E controller. The frost protection goes down to 8°C setback and can be used from 4 series DI/SDI units onwards. The defrost function is available on DI units but only on 2HP units and above. This function will not work with the new 1 & 1.5 HP units. All SDI systems have this function, including the 1 & 1.5 HP models.
- What resistance values should I be getting from a sensor at a certain temperature?
Different sensors have different characteristics at certain temperatures. To take these readings ensure that your sensor is at a set temperature before you take the resistance.
- Can I put my RAV DI/SDI units onto a central controller?
Yes this can be done from an optional accessory which is the (TCB-PCNT30TLE2). This enables the U3/U4 connections from your master indoor unit with a small interface PCB. This PCB is not required with high wall units (KRTP-E)
- I am commissioning a VRF system and I need to do an initial address. How can I do this?
The initial address is done from the condenser main interface PCB. This process need to be done on the header unit before any type of central control has been connected.
- My unit is in a populated/urban up area, how do I lower the sound level of the condenser?
When VRF condensers are installed in built up areas where noise is an issue Toshiba offers an optional accessory called (TCB-PCM04-E) which reduces the sound levels of the condenser.
When DI condensers are installed in built up areas where noise is an issue Toshiba offers an optional accessory called (TCB-PCOS1E2) which reduces the sound levels of the condenser.
- Customer has reported a breakdown, how do I check the VRF outdoor for fault codes?
Locate the lead (header) outdoor unit interface PCB and set rotary dials to positions 1/1/1. Information relating to system diagnostics is shown on the 7-segment display.
- How do I force open or close the PMV’S for the system?
Locate the lead (header) outdoor unit interface PCB and set rotary dials to positions 2/3/1. Information relating to system diagnostics is shown on the 7-segment display.
- How do I recover refrigerant from a VRF system and change the compressor?
Locate the failed outdoor unit interface PCB and set rotary dials to positions 2/11/1. Information relating to system diagnostics is shown on the 7-segment display.
- Can I isolate a faulty VRF compressor to then continue running my condenser?
Yes this is possible to isolate a faulty compressor. This is applicable through SW06 bit 1,2,3. Please note this back-up operation is only able to be used for a maximum of 3 days. When back-up operation is used with 2 pipe VRF the heating mode is then disabled.
- My VN air to air heat exchanger unit is in a setting spiral how do I correct this?
This is due to the VN units being sent from factory as a follower unit. This can be corrected on the master unit by using SW703 bit 4 to then change it to a header.