A2L, A2 & A3 flammable refrigerants training course available NOW!
A global leader in high efficiency, high performance award-winning air conditioning systems, our new R32 refrigerant range provides excellent comfort cooling & heating with low energy consumption and environmental impact – supporting our commitment to protecting the environment the UK’s first air conditioning manufacturer (2012) to be officially recognised as a CarbonNeutral® divison.
Committed to offering customers innovative & efficient technology, supported by the highest level of service and aftercare, a key priority is to improve knowledge and technical ability through training. To support the use of new R32 refrigerants we have partnered with two leading industry training providers to offer an A2L, A2 & A3 flammable refrigerants course, awarded by both Logic and City & Guilds. Details of what is covered in each course is as below:
- The dangers of working with hydrocarbons including health and safety requirements and identification of hazards.
- Regulations, codes of practice and industry recommendations for installation, servicing and maintaining and de-commissioning hydrocarbon RAC systems.
- Properties of hydrocarbon refrigerants, their advantages and disadvantages and typical applications.
- Understanding the differences between halocarbon and hydrocarbon RAC systems including identification of components and system features unique to hydrocarbon systems.
- Plan and prepare for work on hydrocarbon RAC systems – risk assessments, appropriate tools and PPE, and establishment and maintenance of a safe area.
- Servicing and maintaining hydrocarbon RAC systems.
- State charge size limitations for human comfort cooling and heating for air conditioning systems.
- Identify and select suitable tools and equipment to use with A2L.
- Installing and testing hydrocarbon RAC systems including leak and strength testing, evacuation and dehydration.
- Re-commissioning procedures for hydrocarbon RAC systems.
- Halocarbon retro-fitting suitability.
- Safe handling of hydrocarbon refrigerants including charging and recovery.
- Safe storage and transportation of hydrocarbon refrigerants.
- Safe brazing techniques for use with A2L refrigerants.
The 1-day course includes all course materials, literature and lunch. Available dates at the following locations:
Practical Refrigeration Training Centre – City & Guilds Qualification
Business Edge – Logic Certification
- Milton Keynes
The subsidised course is priced £200, but if you are a member of the Toshiba REWARDS scheme, you can elect to pay for the course either in full or in part using your points. Dates are on a first come, first served basis and will depend on having the minimum required numbers for the course but are available NOW to book.
Click the button below to download the enquiry form to register your interest. Please then forward your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the Toshiba team will be in touch shortly to advise you of course availability.
If you are a Toshiba Distributor’s customer please contact your respective Distributor’s training coordinator to register your interest.